Effective Date : (01 January 2019)
In this policy, specifically for the users, we will let you know how we may use the personal information that you share with us. The information mentioned here is the information that we will collect through our website freenow.com.my or any other social media and offline funnels that we may have. This will collectively be known as (“The Service”).
For the purpose of this Policy, the following words shall have the following meanings:
“Personal Data” : This means any data and information or a mixture of information and data that can be used to uniquely identify and contact an individual.
Collection of Information
The Information We Collect
Once you have decided to register with us and decide to be part of the FreeNow community, we may collect the following information about you. Please do note that we only collect the information necessary to make the entire service experience a pleasant one for you.
The information that you will be providing voluntarily as a member of FreeNow are :
- Your Name and Age
- Your Home and Mailing Address (Correspondence Address)
- NRIC Number or Your Passport Number
- Contact information like telephone number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Your Race
- Your Marital Status
- Your Occupation or Where You Work
- Your Monthly Income
- Information to Where You Shop
Why Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
For the purposes of successfully using and utilising our FreeNow platform, we need to collect and use your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”) which includes the following but not limited to :
- We collect information to process the application that you may submit to redeem a free sample.
- We may use the information to send you free samples that you have applied for on our website.
- To use for present and future marketing and promotional purposes to improve products and services.
- We may use it to respond to your queries and questions.
- Improve and upgrade our website, elevate your experience as a user.
- Contact you regarding products of services that may be of interest to you, including and not limited to through promotional messages via Facebook messenger, Instagram, Twitter or even Email; and
- Carry out prize draws for competitions or giveaways that you may have entered.
Where Do We Store Your Information?
FreeNow stores your information with a 3rd party server that we have complete access to.
Information Collected By Tracking Technologies
We and our third-party service providers may automatically collect information that is related to your interactions with the Service or also use emails that have embedded scripts, location-identifying technology and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed. (“Tracking Technologies”)
- Cookies : A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computers (or whatever device you are using) when it is used to access our Service. Cookies will and may be used for many purposes. Some of them including to enable certain features of our Service that will help to better understand how you interact with our Service. These cookies can and might be used to monitor usage by visitors and online traffic routing. Please note that cookies may remain on your devices for extended periods of time.
- Tracking Pixels : These are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs” that are embedded in web pages and email messages. They can be used to count the number of visitors to the Service and also to track how users navigate the Service and they can also count the number of content views.
- Location-Identifying Technologies : GPS or more commonly known as Global Positioning System software and/or other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or also restricting relevant content based on your location.
Sharing Of This Information
Except as described in the Policy, we will never share your personal information with other companies or individuals outside FreeNow Sdn. Bhd. and its affiliates, unless we have your explicit consent to do so. We may share your information as follows :
With Our Service Providers :
- We may engage with 3rd parties to perform some services on our behalf, such as hosting or storage services, email notifications, database management, Google Analytics, fulfillment services and postal services like PosLaju and other services. These 3rd parties may have access to your Personal Information to perform certain tasks on our behalf but they will not be authorised by us to use or disclose your personal information unless for the specific reason we shared the information with them for.
With Legal and Governmental Authorities
- We may disclose your information about you to the government or law enforcement officials, in connection to subpoenas or a request for the judicial process, or to any other 3rd party to protect the property and rights of us or a 3rd party. This is also to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we consider to be, or to pose a risk of being illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
With Affiliates for Internal Business
- We may disclose and share information about you to our affiliates for internal business purposes.
For Direct Marketing Purposes
- We may disclose information about you with our affiliates, business partners and other third parties including, Brand Partners including direct marketing purposes when we deem fit.
With Possible Sponsors or Third Parties for Competitions or Promotions
- In addition, if you voluntarily participate in a contest, rewards program or other promotion through our Site or Service, we may share your information, including Personal Information, with the participating sponsors or with third parties who assist us in using the content or other information you have posted or shared with us. By participating, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
Security of Your Personal Information
Irrespectively of whether your personal information was stored electronically, in a cloud server or in hard copy form, here at FreeNow Sdn. Bhd., we stake all the reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Please be advised that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, unauthorized access by third parties or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information.
Changing Or Deleting Your Information
To view and change the information that you have directly provided to FreeNow Sdn. Bhd. via the Service, you can contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com. Your information may also be accessible via your Member Account page after you have signed in on our website. We may sometimes require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity before allowing the information change.
Please note we may retain server/backup copies of all such data, and that we may decline to process change or deletion requests that we deem to be unreasonable, or require disproportionate technical effort, or jeopardize the privacy of others.